Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was opened 4.7.1937 and closed 6.3.1967. Greatstone-on-Sea Halt was part of the New Romney and Dungeness branches in England.
Today the platform has been demolished and now leaves a slightly raised area of ground. The large concrete forecourt is still extant and is now used for residential parking. An access road for a school car park now runs across the location of the platform.
Note: Greatstone-on-Sea Halt had a big forecourt, because they expected a lot of holiday traffic - but it never came.
By Drudii @ 2014-08-10 12:56:03