Penygroes Station was opened 2.9.1867 and closed 7.12.1964. Penygroes Station was part of the Menai Bridge - Afon Wen line in Wales.
Today nothing of the station remains. The A487 now goes through the station site. The old road bridge that crossed the line has also been demolished and has now become a footbridge for cyclists and pedestrians.
By Drudii @ 2014-08-16 07:39:29