DATE OPENED: 1 May 1876
LOCATION: End of Station Lane (the former approach road)
COMPANY ON OPENING: North Eastern Railway
DATE CLOSED TO PASSENGERS: 6 January 1964
DATE CLOSED COMPLETELY: 6 January 1964
COMPANY ON CLOSING: British Railways (North Eastern Region)
PRESENT STATE: Demolished - a modern house called "Beechings" stands on the site of the station. Some railway signs are mounted on the external walls. Platform edges can be seen in the garden. Two railway fence posts stand at the end of the approach road. Other new houses have been built on the site of the goods yard. The stationmaster's house still stands nearby. A bridge over a track immediately south of the station is extant.
By Drudii @ 2013-07-20 08:34:44