"One World Trade Center (1 World Trade Center, 1 WTC, formerly known as Freedom Tower) is the primary building of the new World Trade Center complex in Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York. The 104-story supertall skyscraper stands on the northwest corner of the 16 acres (6.5 ha) World Trade Center site, occupying the location of what used to be the original 6 World Trade Center. The building is bordered to the west by West Street, to the north by Vesey Street, to the south by Fulton Street, and to the east by Washington Street. Construction on below-ground utility relocations, footings, and foundations for the building began on April 27, 2006. The tower's steel structure topped out on August 30, 2012.
On May 10, 2013, the final component of the antenna was installed atop the skyscraper, making One World Trade Center tentatively the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and the third-tallest building in the world by pinnacle height, with its antenna reaching a symbolic 1,776 feet (541 m) in reference to the year of the United States Declaration of Independence."
Photo by Tom Ritucci May 2013
By daggerwell @ 2013-07-04 08:04:33
- Supertall Skyscrapers by kkeps
- Tallest Building in Each Country, Part 2 by kkeps
- Tallest Building in Each State by kkeps
- World's Tallest Buildings by kkeps
- Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill Architecture by kkeps
- Daniel Libeskind Architecture by kkeps
- Tallest Buildings in America by kkeps
- World's Tallest Office Buildings by kkeps
- World's Most Expensive Buildings by kkeps
- 2014 Emporis Skyscraper Awards by kkeps