Dr. Hakim has been practicing medicine since 1980, and has been a General Practitioner since 2002.
He attended Medical School and earned his Masters Degree in Medical Sciences, at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE.
He completed his residency Training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at YALE University Medical Center, in New Haven, CT.
Dr. Hakim obtained a Fellowship Training in Hematopathology at the University of California Irvine, Medical Center where he also served as Assistant Clinical Professor of Pathology.
Dr Hakim was involved in many medical research projects, including:
• Assay method for Estrogen Receptors in Breast Cancer (Master’s Thesis)
• Flow Cytometry applications in Hematopathology (Fellowship)
• Phase III clinical trials:
• Effects of Insulin inhaler on Diabetic patients.
• Different drugs combination in the treatment of Diabetic patients
• Dyslipidemia drug evaluation.